A Minimalist Beauty Routine for Mature Skin
Mature skin is often subject to problems of dryness and irritation.
To avoid this, it is important to put in place a healthy lifestyle and the right cosmetic gestures on a daily basis!
But what is mature skin?
Mature skin is skin that has lost its tone and firmness. It is often more wrinkled, drier and less elastic. This is the consequence of the natural aging of the dermis. THIS IS NORMAL AND NATURAL 😎.
In general, skin aging sets in from the age of 25-30, but it accelerates and becomes manifest around the age of 50.
Many factors reflecting our way of life can be responsible for premature aging: stress, tobacco, alcohol, repeated exposure to the sun, any other imbalance in life.
Do you have mature skin and are you wondering which cosmetic products to use to maintain your skin? We take the tour below.
Daily beauty routines
The ideal minimal beauty routine includes a cleaning (to purify the skin), a exfoliation (to remove dead cells occasionally), a cream or vegetable oil for nourish and protect the skin.
1) To clean gently skin with a mild cleanser and hydrating to remove impurities and excess oil without drying out your skin. Gently massage your face with the cleanser for about a minute, then rinse with clean water. You can also cleanse with hydrosols such as the hydrosol of rose geranium which improves the tone of mature skin, regulating sebum secretion and preserving the elasticity of the epidermis. The hydrosol of helichrysum or immortal is also an excellent treatment that promotes the microcirculation of mature skin. The floral water of Orange Blossom or the hydrosol of ladies' rose are anti-aging tonic treatments for mature skin, whether normal, dry and delicate.
2) Hydrate with a serum, these last are concentrated in active ingredients and penetrate deep into the skin. And/or feed with a vegetable oil such as: grapeseed oil, Argan oil, prickly pear oil, rosehip oil, hemp oil. These oils are mainly rich in antioxidants, protect the skin from possible dehydration and fight against accelerated aging of the skin.
For the rest of the body, Shea Butter will be your best friend.
Don't forget to use sunscreen to protect skin from sun damage.
Good daily habits
Here are some of the best foods to include in your diet:
1. Oily fish: Salmon, mackerel and sardines are rich in omega-3s, which help maintain skin elasticity and hydration.
2. Leafy green vegetables: Spinach, kale and Swiss chard are rich in vitamins A, C and K, which help protect the skin against free radical damage.
3. Red fruits which are rich in antioxidants, which help prevent premature aging of the skin.
4. Nuts and seeds: Almonds, walnuts and flaxseeds are rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, which help nourish and protect the skin.
Drink lots of water ^^
Foods to avoid
1. Processed foods: Avoid foods high in sugar, salt, and saturated fats, as these can cause inflammation and accelerate skin aging.
2. Sugary drinks: Sodas and industrial fruit juices often contain a lot of sugar, which can harm the health of your skin.
I hope these tips have been useful to you, don't forget that, beyond cosmetic products, good food hygiene remains the key!
As a reminder, you have the possibility of obtaining a personalized support from me >>> HERE
This article has you more? Do not hesitate to share 😀 Use the share icons below.