7 ideas to make you a priority
In these uncertain times, I thought it would be appropriate to share with you a few tips to make your well-being a priority 🕊
Why is it important to make yourself a priority?
It might sound selfish, but as a living being you are important, so it is necessary to make yourself a priority, or at least from time to time because you deserve it. Moreover, a permanently exhausted body weighs on your mental and emotional state. You will hardly be able to accomplish your obligations or take care of your loved ones while exhausted.
You need to be gentle with yourself and take time for yourself.
Stress takes a toll on our mental and physical health.
You deserve to take care of yourself to relieve and prevent some of the pressures and stresses of life. By making yourself a priority in all areas, you reduce stress, burnout and the negative effects that may result.
Where to start from ?
1) Start by appreciating the simple things, acknowledge your victories, no matter how small. Appreciate what you already have instead of what you don't.
2) Rest: getting enough quality sleep is important to feel rested and for your brain and body to function in a healthy way. Lack of rest impairs your ability to reason and be productive, and affects your mood. You should aim for 7 to 8 hours of quality sleep each night to reap the benefits of good deep rest.
3) Do nothing: simply because you deserve a break and it's good for your mental health to sometimes do nothing. Give yourself other priorities by indulging in your favorite foods, healthier and more complete meals.
4) Do some movement: prioritize your health and yourself by practicing some type of movement each day. Create a workout routine, plan to stretch, do yoga, dance, etc. to reap the benefits of exercise and mobility.
5) Take time to be with yourself: depending on the circumstances, taking time to be alone can mean waking up before everyone else or staying up a little later to have some time to yourself. Whether it's 10-15 minutes or two hours a day, it's important to take time to be with yourself. You need to spend time alone to connect with yourself and your needs and also to increase your productivity. So make it a priority to give yourself some time alone everyday.
6) Don't be afraid to say no: don't feel pressured to do things you don't want to do. You don't have to spend all your time pleasing others. It's okay to say no, prioritize and choose how to spend your time.
7) Plan your days: not every day goes as planned, but having an idea of what you need and want to do in a day can help you stay on task. Make the most of your time by setting a goal for each day and prioritizing your time to achieve that goal.
Your needs are also valid, and you deserve to foster your personal growth, joy and well-being. For these and other reasons, putting yourself first is one of the most selfless things you can do. So start prioritizing your life today!